Being on the Advocate Leadership Team and volunteering with Kids4Kids, in general, has opened my eyes to many of the critical issues Hong Kong faces and has empowered me to know how I, as a student, can help solve them
The Advocates Leadership Team
The Advocates Leadership Team is a group of passionate and dedicated Kids4kids volunteers chosen each year from local and international secondary schools to work together on community projects. The team provides students with the opportunity to develop their organizational, planning and leadership skills, while learning to manage projects from their conception and execution to impact measurement and reflection. The team is responsible for organizing Kids4Kids events including the annual ‘Sharing for a Cause’ collection drive each May, the ‘Powered by Youth’ leadership forum and other events throughout the year. Since 2010, there have been over 100 advocates.
Click out the Advocates Leadship Team 2017-2018.
The Advocate Leadership Team aims to:
- Develop self-awareness of personal talents
- Provide leadership opportunities to young people
- Raise social awareness among youth
- Empower young people to make a positive difference
Deadline for appliying Advocates Leadership Team 2018-2019 is May 21, 2018. Result will be announced on May 28.
Eligible candidates MUST fulfill the following criteria:
· Be a full-time student at a Hong Kong secondary school
· Have a commitment to serving the community
· Demonstrate good conduct and outstanding academic / extra-curricular performance and / or be award recipients
· Have experience in volunteer work or service to the community
· Be proficient in English, Cantonese and/or Putonghua
· Sign a written commitment to put all possible effort into participating in ALT and be dedicated to serving the community
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.