This spring, the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) launched the EMbRACE Campaign to promote racial diversity and equality within the Hong Kong community.
Particularly in youth empowerment programs, Kids4Kids reaches out to schools with high percentages of non-ethnic Chinese students, with the aim of providing ample chances for them to find their voice, activate their agency, and make an impact on issues they care about.
Hear from ethnic minority youth in Hong Kong...
- Act!on for a Cause 2017 winning team Ekata brings out Nepali voices regarding the cultural history of Nepalese in HK, Nepalese in mainstream media, education issues and more: VIDEO HERE
- Act!on for a Cause 2017 winning team Gardening to Save the Earth! upcycling waste to make usable crafts for sale - funds raised then support their rooftop vegetable garden: PHOTOS HERE
- Act!on for a Cause 2017 winning team Shutter Squad is leading film appreciation and filmmaking workshops to empower local student voices: INTRO HERE
- Act!on for a Cause 2017 winning team Cricket City is planning to bridge local Chinese and ethnic minority youth through this cultural phenomenon: INTRO HERE
- Powered By Service Workshops at Sir Ellis Kadoorie Secondary School and Delia Memorial School (Hip Wo) this term, covering topics of leadership, social issues, and community action: