Powered By Service
Powered by Service (PBS) is a bilingual school-based capacity building workshop designed for secondary schools with limited resources, covering approximately 6 hours of training. The curriculum is delivered in partnership with Usher's New Look, a U.S. based organization that develops global youth leaders by providing access and awareness.
Through a high-energy, transformative learning experience, students discover their ability to impact the world by building personal and community leadership skills. PBS places a strong emphasis on service as a means to develop the whole person, introducing important topics that are often not covered within the standard Hong Kong curriculum.
PBS students are invited to join the annual Powered by Youth Forum (PBY) for free to further develop their ideas and form project collaborations. Click here to find out more.
PBS aims for students to:
- Build ability to lead, work in teams, and communicate effectively
- Develop analytical skills and motivation to initiate action
- Nurture imagination to lead their own community action ideas
Looking for leadership activities for your students?
Download our info deck to find out more.
PBS works towards the following UN Global Goals:
Click here to find out more on PBS and the UN Global Goals.
Interested in holding workshops at your school, or volunteering for Powered By Service? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating schools 2016-2017:
- CSBS Mrs. Aw Boon Haw Secondary School
- Delia Memorial School (Hip Wo)
- Sir Ellis Kadoorie Secondary School (West Kowloon)
Since 2015, Powered By Service has:
- Inspired 550 participating students
- Engaged 60 volunteers
PBS in Media:
2016 - EDB Pulse Newsletter
2015 - SEKSS Episodes